Well... as some people (closer to me) knows, I was born in Iquique in 1986. Because of some things of the life, I moved to Ovalle when was 3 months. After that, I got back to the north in February, 1994. I was 7 yet, but I was able to understand some things about my origins. 21 years later, in past summer, I got back again, and noticed how the family grew up, and it's still going on that. Lots of emotions came here.
When I recently went to Iquique, all parties are in family. So I'll go frequently. (No, La Serena and Ovalle won't be forgotten!)
My birth place itself grew up, too.
I also found some things I must noticed before, and changed my life.
- My family is of Aymara descent, so me too.
- I have some cute (female) cousins.
- Oneself can move easily within the city. Taxis are cheaper than in other cities.
- Culture itself is very closer to their Andean roots.
- The past year earthquake (May, 2014) still shows its scars. Things in Iquique are still not fixed.
- The mayor is an asshole. (Well... that's not any novelty)
- In summer, it's so hot, that I didn't need to turn the heater on. (Anyway, it's broken)
As I want to go again, I hope it'd be for a month. And in aeroplane.
All my family (in both sides, maternal and fraternal) is very awesome. And things like that, make me worth them all.